We see Stakeholder consultation as a cornerstone in all aspects of our business and all our senior staff are skilled in Stakeholder Consultation within in their area of specialization!
Stakeholder consultation involves the development of constructive, productive relationships over the long term and enables us to identify and monitor trends, challenges and perceptions over time with specific groups of stakeholders.
SiamOz understands the need for Stakeholder Consultation and the need to develop a Strategy that ensures all key stakeholders are consulted at all keys stages of a projects development.
Stakeholder Consultation Strategy
- Set out the objectives and scope of the consultation;
- Map key stakeholders; and
- Establish consultation methods and tools which ensure a comprehensive, balanced, timely, tailored and incorporated stakeholder consultation process.
A stakeholder strategy plan can guide one on how to interact, communicate and involve with each identified stakeholder during different phases of a project. The stakeholder strategy provides approaches for building and maintaining positive relationships with stakeholders.
Project Key Stakeholders
Types of Stakeholders
- Customers. Stake: Product/service quality and value;
- Employees. Stake: Employment income and safety;
- Investors. Stake: Financial returns;
- Local and Native People. Stake: Land rights and resource title;
- Suppliers and Vendors. Stake: Revenues and safety;
- Communities. Stake: Health, safety, economic development; and
- Governments. Stake: Taxes and GDP.
Stakeholder Analysis and Consultation
- Identify Stakeholders, start by brainstorming who your stakeholders are;
- Understand who the stakeholders are;
- Prioritize Stakeholders, develop a list of people and organizations that are affected by your project works;
- Pinpoint stakeholders with high levels of power and influence;
- Engage in a one-to-one conversation;
- Seek to understand their concerns;
- Communicate with clarity and honesty; and
- Build good relationships with project stakeholders.
- Accept Their Authority: Don’t Fight It;
- Remove Negative Emotions;
- Understand Their Negativity;
- Ask for Advice and Listen;
- Be Tactful and Honest;
- Make Them Feel Good; and
- Tailor Your Communication.